Have you ever considered the potential dangers of an improperly installed windshield replacement? The auto glass industry is a multi-billion dollar business, but it isn’t without its fair share of problems. One problem that many people don’t know about is improperly installed windshield replacements. This blog post will discuss the major ways in which this can happen and how to avoid them.
Your car is one of the most important investments you will ever make. Properly installed and sealed windshields are essential to keeping your passengers safe, as well as maintaining the value of your vehicle.
In a world where cars have become increasingly expensive and difficult for many people to maintain on their own, it’s crucial that every detail be attended with utmost care by trained professionals who understand how errors in installation can greatly diminish not only safety but also marketability – all while invalidating manufacturers’ warranties!
Signs of an Improperly Installed Windshield Replacement
Before we get into the potential hazards of an improperly installed windshield, let’s go over some signs you might notice if your auto glass wasn’t installed correctly. These signs include:
● Excessive road noise or whooshing sounds in the cabin during vehicle operation
● A windshield that appears to be wavy
● Remnants of old adhesive on the new glass or on the vehicle frame
● Moisture intrusion around the edges of the glass
● Rattling noises
● A windshield that does not appear to be flush with the vehicle’s frame
When you see one of these red flags, don’t hesitate to take your car for a repair. You can never be too careful when it comes to something as important and necessary as installing the wind shield on top of your vehicle.
Potential Hazards of Driving With a Poorly Installed Windshield Replacement
Your car windshield is meant to protect you if your vehicle were hit. But, what happens when it was installed wrong? You’d better think twice before driving any more! If the installation isn’t done right and safely according to industry standards–it can be really dangerous. Here are some things that can happen:
● Ejection – When installed improperly, windshields usually aren’t set in the frame of your car properly. It may even pop out during an accident rendering you and your passengers vulnerable to substantial bodily harm.
● Incorrect airbag deployment – Properly protecting yourself in a collision is important. If your windshield is not securely fastened, the force of an airbag placating will cause your glass to detach from your vehicle’s frame and deploy outwards rather than inward to protect you.
● Electrical problems – Installing a new windshield without sealing it to the vehicle frame is really dangerous because water could leak into the car and allow foreign objects to find their way in. If this happens then your electrical system might short out; you might end up with a serious incident while driving!
At Detroit Auto Glass & Windshield Repair Specialist, we know how frustrating it can be to find a company that will install your windshield correctly. That is why our team of NGA certified technicians take the time and care necessary for all auto glass repair and replacement jobs. Give us a call or contact us online today for more information about service availability in your area!